With the rising popularity of cloud services, it is not surprising that the cloud has expanded into printing. Cloud printing can be described as a service that allows users to print from any device on the network. Cloud printing connects digital devices like smartphones, laptops, and tablets, and workstations with printer stations.
By comparison, traditional printing done through cables can be plagued by software driver problems, compatibly issues, and device connectivity problems.
Today’s cloud printing service eliminates the need for printer drivers. Instead, the cloud links the printer and device and allows the printer to receive the digital information. As a result, users can experience seamless, reliable printing across the network, regardless of the hardware being used and the location.
BENEFITS OF CLOUD PRINTING:
- Costs: Cloud printing allows companies to meet print-on-demand needs. This lowers print costs and eliminates the need to buy, deploy, and manage hardware and software.
- Go Green: Cloud printing can also help organizations reduce their carbon footprint. Printing over the cloud lowers carbon emissions from transportation and reduces the amount of waste generated.
- Bring your own device: With cloud printing, employees are able to use whatever device to print. No need to worry about compatibility and drivers, reducing the need for help desk support.
- Software updates: The cloud ensures that software upgrades happen automatically and in real-time. The latest features and fixes will be up to date.
- Simplicity: Cloud printing offers a convenient and simple solution for everyone. Users no longer have to worry about software, drivers, or cables. Setting up cloud printing is done easily and quickly.
- IT servers: The cost to install and maintain cloud printing is a fraction of the cost of investing in your own IT infrastructure.